We have experience in a variety of areas from lease negotiations, to contract disputes, partner disputes, employment contracts, and any other legal advice your business might need.
Business and Commercial
LOBEJ advises clients in their business and commercial law needs. Whether you are forming a new business or have a concern with your current business, our firm has the experience required for a job well done. We strive to provide efficient and timely service to meet your needs. We have substantial experience and expertise in fraud and misrepresentation issues, including:
- Breach-of-contract claims
- Business torts
- Construction Law
- Defamation (libel and slander)
- Employment matters
- Insurance coverage
- Intellectual Property (Copyrights, Domains, Trademarks, Trade Secrets, Unfair Competition)
- Judgment Enforcement / Collections Matters (Consumer and Commercial)
- Mechanic’s liens (Link to Form)
- Partnership disputes
- Permanent injunctions
- Preliminary injunctions
- Sale of goods / Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) matters
- Stock-holder disputes
- Temporary restraining orders
LOBEJ emphasizes commitment by providing timely and cost-effective service in handling employment-related litigation. We represent employers and employees on a broad range of matters, including work related and contractual rights. Working closely with clients, the firm counsels them on the best strategy to resolve the dispute and assert their legal rights. Some of our experience includes:
- Representing employers against disloyal employees including employees who have misappropriated valuable trade secret data and/or works.
- Representing and advising executive employees in contract negotiations concerning their prospective employment as well as termination benefit packages.
- Representing and advising companies in hiring and termination of executives.
- Representing prominent automobile dealership in connection with service department issues and human resources matters.
- Winning dismissal of spurious claims filed against companies by disgruntled ex-employees and contractors.
LOBEJ has substantial experience serving as local counsel. Mr. Janay has served as local counsel representing both plaintiffs and defendants in Breach-of-Contract claims, Business Torts, Defamation (libel and slander), Employment Matters, Fraud, Insurance Coverage, Intellectual Property (copyrights, domains, trademarks, trade secrets, unfair competition), Judgment Enforcement /Collections Matters (consumer and Commercial), Mechanic’s Liens, Partnership Disputes, Permanent Injunctions, Preliminary Injunctions, Sale of Goods/Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) Matters, Stock-holder Disputes and Temporary Restraining Orders.
The firm also has the flexibility to make sure that the relationship succeeds on lead counsel’s terms. Whether that means you need motions and discovery matters handled independently, or simply require a pro hac vice admission and a local contact, you’ll be able to depend on the The Law Office of Barry E. Janay, P.C. to fulfill your unique needs.
Mergers and Acquisitions
There are ABC’s of buying and selling a business and it’s not always just about getting the best price, terms are important and getting into the nitty gritty and fleshing out all of the details so that each party is getting the benefit of their bargain without the deal falling a part is key. The Law Office of Barry E. Janay, P.C. has experience in business transactions ranging from joint-ventures between high net worth investors for the purpose of acquisitions to selling a local small business. Schedule an appointment to discuss your matter with us.
Protecting your business from trademark infringement is the single most important key to your success. We provide you with trademark counsel from registration to defense.